Just Outside of New York City
at the Meadowlands Expo Center
This weekend spectacular event will celebrate dogs everywhere in a large–scale, cutting edge multimedia format. With multiple stages, attendees will enjoy caliber events, such as dock diving, disc dog, lure coursing, weight pull, agility, fly ball, obedience, scent work, french ring sport, barn hunt and schutzhund.
The World Dog Experience will provide opportunities for the dog and owner to participate together in sports, training and other bonding experiences. Also, the show will work to promote dog rescue, fostering and adoption.
Perhaps the main attraction of World Dog Expo will be the notable trade show event, featuring a huge array of dog–centered products. Attendees will be able to find the newest and best products for their canine companions. Participating vendors will benefit from the unprecedented exposure created for the event.
Trade show hours:
Saturday: 10am – 6pm
Sunday: 10am – 5pm
Have fun and be creative dressing up your pooch! Any breed and size of dog can participate in our costume contest.
Check In: 1:00pm (Check in is at the Main Arena by the camera area.)
Start Time: 1:15pm
Is your four-legged best friend a Dachshund? Bring your friendly pup to World Dog Expo for a fun wiener dog race! First, second and third place winners will all receive prizes.
Check In: 1:45pm (Check in is at the Main Arena by the camera area.)
Start Time: 2:00pm
- Dogs attending the expo should be well-behaved, non-aggressive and not intimidated or stressed in large crowds or by loud noises. There will be small children, other dogs, exciting exhibits and loud announcements/music throughout the event. All attending dogs will experience barking, loud speaking voices, clapping and cheering throughout the expo. We ask owners to please be considerate of these factors before registering your dog to attend our event.
- •Canine first aid will be available at the show. In the event of an emergency canine health situation, show can recommend emergency treatment facilities.
- • Be careful to note all dog-potty locations and watering areas to make sure your pet is comfortable throughout your experience at the expo. Expo staff also ask that you bring waste pick-up bags and be sure to clean up after your dog in the event of an accident.
- • The expo may be an overwhelming experience for some breeds, such as the English Bulldog. We ask all owners to plan accordingly if your dog does attend. If your dog is small or tiny, we do ask owners to consider carrying their dog to avoid injury or stress. There will be many large and extra-large breeds present at the expo, as well as many excited humans, we do not want to see any small or tiny dogs trampled or stepped on.
- • All attendees should also review safe dog greeting and handling behaviors with children. All staff members will be carefully watching crowds and dogs to ensure everyone’s safety. It only takes seconds for a dog bite to occur. Please remind children to ask any owner or handler for permission before petting a dog. Please allow a calm animal to sniff their hands before touching them on the chin, chest or back (not on the top of the animal’s head). All children should speak calmly to any animal they greet and should never “stare down” or attempt to intimidate an animal while at World Dog Expo. Any physical abuse or rough-housing of any dog will not be tolerated or permitted and can be means for dismissal.
- • Many exhibitors may offer treats to dogs as they visit their booths. Please be aware of your dog’s dietary needs or allergies before accepting any snack. It is also important to control your dog’s consumption of snacks while at the expo, as too many may cause illness in your pet. Plastic zip-lock baggies will be allowed in the expo so you can take any extra goodies home with you.
All attending dogs should have the age-appropriate shots or vaccinations before attending the expo. World Dog Expo will be asking for verification of the rabies vaccination on every attending dog, as required by New Jersey state law.
If you are planning to adopt a new best friend while attending World Dog Expo, it is advised to bring your own carrier, leash, collar or car restraining device. While we may have vendors offering these products on site, we cannot promise they will be available on-site or right away. Please plan accordingly.